Friday, October 1, 2010

The Christmas Chronicles: The Legend of Santa Claus by Tim Slover

The Christmas Chronicles: The Legend of Santa Claus
by Tim Slover

Released:  November 2nd 2010
Published by: Bantam
Page Amount: 176



" In this new holiday classic, Tim Slover crafts a marvelous, magical novel about how Santa Claus became the man he is today. After reading The Christmas Chronicles, you’ll believe all over again in the magic of the season.
 
Snow is falling, and the clock ticks toward midnight on Christmas Eve while countless children, too excited to sleep, anticipate the arrival of Santa Claus. But in Tim Slover’s deeply charming and utterly thrilling new novel, that’s the end rather than the beginning of the story. In this richly imagined tale of Santa’s origins, the man in full finally emerges. The Christmas Chronicles is at once an action-packed adventure, an inspiring story of commitment and faith, and a moving love story.

It all starts in 1343, when the child Klaus is orphaned and adopted by a craftsmen’s guild. The boy will grow to become a master woodworker with an infectious laugh and an unparalleled gift for making toys. His talent and generosity uniquely equip him to bestow hundreds of gifts on children at Christmas—and to court the delightful Anna, who enters his life on a sleigh driven by the reindeer Dasher and becomes his beloved wife.

Still, all is not snowfall and presents. Klaus will be shadowed by the envious Rolf Eckhof, who will stop at nothing to subvert him. But in the end, Santa’s magic is at last unleashed, flying reindeer come to his aid, and an epic battle between good and evil is waged in the frosty Christmas skies.

By turns enchanting, hair-raising, and inspirational, The Christmas Chronicles is a beguiling tale destined to become a holiday favorite for the ages."

-Information and picture from goodreads.com

My Overall Thoughts:
 I won The Christmas Chronicles: The Legend of Santa Claus by Tim Slover, from First Reads (Goodreads.com).

To my surprise I feel in love with this book. I'll be honest I wasn't thrilled about reading a book about Santa Claus.  For this wasn't like all the stories about this magical man. The Christmas Chronicles: The Legend of Santa Claus by Tim Slover, informs you about his life before coming the man we all know and love.

Without spoiling this for you my followers, I recommend you picking this book up when it comes out. For you'll be reading it every Christmas years to come!!

5/5 stars!!


Hope you enjoyed my review, Ashley 







  

2 comments:

  1. I just stumbled on your blog whilst cruising the interweb--I love it. Your blog, I mean. Thanks for the Christmas Chronicles review; I've a goal in mind to read it before the holidays really get under way. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you, glad you like my blog and the review. The Christmas Chronicles is a good book. I think i might re-read for the holidays!

    ReplyDelete