Thursday, June 14, 2012

What She Left Behind by Tracy Bilen

What She Left Behind by Tracy Bilen 
Released: May 1st 2012
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Page Amount: 236
Source: Library

" Don't even think of leaving...I will find you," he whispered.
Guaranteed.


Sara and her mom have a plan to finally escape Sara's abusive father. But when her mom doesn't show up as expected, Sara's terrified. Her father says she's on a business trip, but Sara knows he's lying. Her mom is missing--- and her dad had something do with it.


With each day that passes, Sara's more on edge. Her friends know that something's wrong, but she won't endanger anymore with her secret. And her dad growing increasingly violent, Sara must figure out what happened to her mom before its too late...for them both."
-Information from Goodreads.com 

My Thoughts:
This was a difficult book for myself to read. Due to the subject matter of the storyline.  Being a person whom  had grown up in the same type of situation as Sara, I could relate to her fear and pain.  There were times I had to put the book down. I relived those memories reading Sara's account of what she was going through. Tracy did a wonderful job with writing this. My heart was broken throughout this tale.

Luckily at the end there is a happy ending for Sara and her mom. As well as my family.

This book isn't for the light hearted. This is a heartbreaking debut novel of 2012. I am looking forward to reading more books by Tracy in the future.

5/5 stars, Happy Reading, Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment