Sunday, January 30, 2011

Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling


Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling
Released: October 1st 1998 (first released June 30th 1997)
Published by: Scholastic Inc.
Series: Harry Potter, Book One
Page Amount: 309, US Paperback Edition

"Harry Potter has never played a sport while flying in a broomstick. He's never worn a cloak of invisibility, befriended a giant, or helped hatch a dragon. All Harry knows is a miserable life with the Dursleys, his horrible aunt and uncle, and the abominable son, Dudley. Harry's room is a tiny closet at the foot of the stairs, and he hasn't had a birthday party in a eleven years.


But all that is about to change when a mysterious letter arrives by owl messenger; a letter with an invitation to a wonderful place he never dreamed existed. There he finds not only friends, aerial sports, and magic around every corner, but a great destiny that's been waiting for him... if Harry can survive the encounter. "
-Information from the blurb on the back of the book.

My Thoughts:
I first came across this series when it came out. I was hooked into like everyone else. I haven't read it in years and decided to re-read it. I'm so glad I did I rediscovered my love of this world. I long for a school like Hogwarts. I would love to be a witch.

For those' s that haven't picked up this series I recommend you do so. Yes the books get bigger in the series but it will be worth the reading. I am in love with this world again. I rediscovered events in the novel I forget about.

5/5 stars, LOVE IT!!!! I want to go to Hogwarts, like seriously the 11 year old in me is mad I never got my letter!!
Hope you enjoyed my review, Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment