Sunday, January 2, 2011

Witch Child by Celia Rees

Witch Child by Celia Rees
Released: April 1st 2002 (first released 2000)
Published by: Candlewick
Series: Witch Child Book One
Page Amount: 304 (USA Hardback edition)


"Mary's grandmother is executed for witchcraft, and Mary is forced to leave her home to avoid the same fate. At first she flees to the English countryside, but when the atmosphere of superstition and suspicion becomes all consuming she leaves on a boat for America in the hope that she can start over and forget her past. But during the journey, she realizes that the past is not so easy to escape."
-Information from Goodreads.com.

My Overall Thoughts:
I really loved Witch Child by Celia Rees. Which is a journal by Mary a young girl living in the 1600's. During the era of fearing of witchcraft. She witnesses the death of her beloved grandmother who is thought to have practiced witchcraft. Her mother comes and as her sent to America. Where Mary thought the past would be in left in England. Sadly however it fold her to America. 

When reading this I felt I was Mary. I loved it. You should check this out. I will be checking out more books from this author. I'll be trying to get the second novel which is called Sorceress. 

Hope you enjoyed my review, 

Ashley! 

No comments:

Post a Comment