Friday, March 2, 2012

Matched by Ally Condie

Matched by Ally Condie
Released: November 30th 2010
Publisher: Dutton Juvenile
Series: Matched, Book One
Page Amount: 366 US Hardcover Edition
Source: Library

"Cassia has always trusted the Society to make the right choices for her: what to read, what to watch, what to believe. So when Xander's face appears on-screen at her Matching ceremony, Cassia knows with complete certainty that he is her ideal mate... until she sees Ky Markham's face flash for an instant before the screen fades to black.

The Society tells her it's a glitch, a rare malfunction, and that she should focus on the happy life she's destined to lead with Xander. But Cassia can't stop thinking about Ky, and as they slowly fall in love, Cassia begins to doubt the Society's infallibility and is faced with an impossible choice: between Xander and Ky, between the only life she's known and a path that no one else has dared to follow."
-Information from Goodreads.com 


My Thoughts:
Matched by Ally Condie, was 2010 debut novel. I've heard good and bad things with this book. So I wasn't sure what I would think of it. With that being said, I ended up falling completely in love with Matched. I loved the characters Cassia, Xander and Ky. I didn't know which boy to love more. The best friend that had been by Cassia's side all these years or Ky the boy who taught her to write, and think beyond the life the Society had planned.   

Matched is an awesome beginning to a series that is becoming one of my favorites. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment