Tuesday, May 28, 2013

All These Things I've Done by Gabrielle Zevin

All These Things I've Done by Gabrielle Devin
Released: September 6th 2011
Publisher: Farrar, Straus Giroux (BYR)
Series:  Birthright, book one
Page Amount: 354, US Hardcover Edition
Source: Library


"In 2083, chocolate and coffee are illegal, paper is hard to find, water is carefully rationed, and New York City is rife with crime and poverty. And yet, for Anya Balanchine, the sixteen-year-old daughter of the city's most notorious (and dead) crime boss, life is fairly routine. It consists of going to school, taking care of her siblings and her dying grandmother, trying to avoid falling in love with the new assistant D.A.'s son, and avoiding her loser ex-boyfriend. That is until her ex is accidently poisoned by the chocolate her family manufactures and the police think she's to blame. Suddenly, Anya finds herself thrust unwillingly into the spotlight--at school, in the news, and most importantly, within her mafia family.
Engrossing and suspenseful, All These Things I've Done is an utterly unique, unputdownable read that blends both the familiar and the fantastic."
-Information from Goodreads.com

My Thoughts:
Wow, As I'm trying to piece together just what I thought about All These Things I've Done. It's hard to form them. I was unable to but this book down for a second. I became Anya's sidekick. Experienced everything she went through. I loved reading from her point of view. And how fiercely protective of her family she is.

This book was amazing, and will leave you wanting the sequel.

5/5 stars, Happy Reading, Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment