Saturday, May 4, 2013

Dare To You by Katie McGarry

Dare To You by Katie McGarry
Expected Released: May 28th 2013
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Series: Pushing The Limits, Book Two
Page Amount: 462 US Hardcover
Source: NetGalley

"Ryan lowers his lips to my ear. "Dance with me, Beth."

"No." I whisper the reply. I hate him and I hate myself for wanting him to touch me again....

"I dare you..."


If anyone knew the truth about Beth Risk's home life, they'd send her mother to jail and seventeen-year-old Beth who knows where. So she protects her mom at all costs. Until the day her uncle swoops in and forces Beth to choose between her mom's freedom and her own happiness. That's how Beth finds herself living with an aunt who doesn't want her and going to a school that doesn't understand her. At all. Except for the one guy who shouldn't get her, but does....

Ryan Stone is the town golden boy, a popular baseball star jock-with secrets he can't tell anyone. Not even the friends he shares everything with, including the constant dares to do crazy things. The craziest? Asking out the Skater girl who couldn't be less interested in him.

But what begins as a dare becomes an intense attraction neither Ryan nor Beth expected. Suddenly, the boy with the flawless image risks his dreams-and his life-for the girl he loves, and the girl who won't let anyone get too close is daring herself to want it all..."

-Information from Goodreads.com


My Thoughts:
Received this from NetGalley for review.

I loved learning more about Beth and what became of her after pushing the limits. Learning more on her past was hard to read. I could relate to Beth's turnmoil wanting to start over in groveton yet wanting to keep helping her mother.

Loved how ryan saw past all the horrors of her past. Wanting nothing more than to love her and make her feel safe.

Dare to you enlightens its readers, having undeniable strength and courage you can overcome anything.

And happy endings are possible for those girls who aren't perfect.
5/5 stars, Happy Reading, Ashley

2 comments:

  1. It is a sweet story. I felt bad for Isiah as well. I think the next boon Katie is writing is from his point of view. You're welcome for the review. Glad they help. I still feel a bit unsure of my reviewing skills. It's hard to put into words how I feel about books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too, according to Goodreads Crash Into You is set to come in November. Glad I'm not the only one.

    ReplyDelete