Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Legend by Marie Lu

Legend by Marie Lu
Released: November 29th 2011
Publisher: Putnam Juvenile
Series: Legend, Book One
Page Amount:320, US Hardback Edition
Source: Library



"What was once the western United States is now home to the Republic, a nation perpetually at war with its neighbors. Born into an elite family in one of the Republic's wealthiest districts, fifteen-year-old June is a prodigy being groomed for success in the Republic's highest military circles. Born into the slums, fifteen-year-old Day is the country's most wanted criminal. But his motives may not be as malicious as they seem. 

From very different worlds, June and Day have no reason to cross paths - until the day June's brother, Metias, is murdered and Day becomes the prime suspect. Caught in the ultimate game of cat and mouse, Day is in a race for his family's survival, while June seeks to avenge Metias's death. But in a shocking turn of events, the two uncover the truth of what has really brought them together, and the sinister lengths their country will go to keep its secrets. 

Full of nonstop action, suspense, and romance, this novel is sure to move readers as much as it thrills. "

-Information from Goodreads

My Thoughts:

First let me start my review by stating I honestly wasn't expecting myself to fall in love with the book and the characters. But there is something enchanting about Marie Lu's writing that just captures you and won't let go from beginning to the end.

With that being said. I'm still wrapping my thoughts from all that went down in Legend. What got to me the most is I could totally see this being a reality. Also processing all the ups and downs both Day and June went through together and apart.

They grew up more as the book process. Their world's were brought together for a reason.

I cannot wait to see the reasons. Luckily I have book two from the library all ready for me to pick up.

So if you have been heistaned about picking up this book you should just do so.

Also read it in 2 days. That's awesome for someone who was taking a few days to finish one book.

5/5 stars, I'd give a million if I could!!!!

Happy Reading, Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment