Tuesday, September 9, 2014

August Wrap Up 2014 and Mini Reviews

Here is a look back at the books I read in August and mini reviews for them.

1. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling
What to say about the Harry Potter series, that hasn't already been said. I loved it more than when I was a child. I'm so glad to be re-reading the series and to finally mark it off my series list. 5/5 stars
2. The Headless Ghost by R.L. Stine
Throughout the month I had times I didn't want to read at all. So I picked up a Goosebumps book, I'm not sure if I read this when I was a kid or not. But it was a quick and spooky read.
4/5 stars
3. The Complete Tales and Poems of Edgar Allan Poe
I've been slowly working on this big book. I have read a few of Edgar's poems and stories in school. But it was great to read his other tales and poems. 5/5 stars
4. The Selection by Keira Cass
Hearing all about this book and series all over BookTube. I admit the hype it was drew me in and having been in a reading slump. It was just what I needed. I loved America and Prince Maxon. 5/5 stars
5. The Elite by Keira Cass 5/5 stars
6. The One by Keira Cass 5/5 stars
7. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling
Another re-read of this installment of the series. 5/5 stars
8. Alanna by Tamora Pierce
If you haven't read anything by Tamora, I can't recommend her enough. Although the Song of the Lioness is the only series I've read by her. I love it enough to know Tamora is one of my favorite authors.

Well that is all I read in August. Please let me know what you think of the books I read and what you read in August.

Happy Reading, Ashley.

No comments:

Post a Comment