Monday, August 9, 2010
How To Be A Vampire Review
How To Be A Vampire: A Fangs-On Guide For The Newly Dead By Amy Gray
Released: November 10th 2009
Published by: Candlewick Press
Page Amount: 144
Welcome to the world of the undead! A comprehensive guide to the vampire lifestyle quenches newcomers’ thirst for lore and tasteful tips.
For those who join the decadent realm of the vampire, eternal life holds juicy perks charm and strength, shape-shifting and flying, telepathy and super-powered senses. But then again, one becomes . . . so terribly hungry. Is there an etiquette for feeding without causing a scene? How do you set up your crypt? What supernatural foes will make your blood run colder? In this elegant, edgy resource, the newly immortal will find everything they need to know, including:
- a quiz to determine your true vampire persona
- ways to turn into a vampire — or when a kiss is not just a kiss; and why you should take a look at your family tree
- a transformation checklist, including canine teeth and UV sensitivity
- a makeup and fashion guide to looking damned good (or just damned)
- knowing your weaknesses, from garlic, stakes, and sunlight to a n obsession with counting
- 10 signs that your boyfriend is a vampire, including super coolness (body temperature-wise) and a habit of sleeping in
- a field guide to vampiric variations around the world and through history
What drew me to the book is the amazing cover. Now granted How To Be A Vampire: A Fangs-On Guide For Newly Dead by Amt Gray, is directed towards teens and recently immortalized or those already immortalized just looking for some fun vampire factoids.
I still found it to be a good and light read. Which is what I was looking for. In this guide on vampires I learned what music to listen, how to dress, and even how to decorate my pad for a more immortal lifestyle. There’s also history stories in here.
This isn’t a too serious guide so if that’s what you’re looking for you can check it out. I thought it was good but not really great.
Love ya, Ashley