Friday, March 20, 2015

January/February Wrap Ups 2015

Here's a quick insight to what I read in January and February. With a brief explanation if I loved the books or didn't. If you wish to have a review on any of these please feel free to let me know in the comments.

January:
To be honest I was in a reading slump in the first two weeks of January. I was burnt out from 2014. I read 104 books. That's the most I've ever read in a year. Anyway here is the five books I read in the new year.

1. A Seal's Surrender (Uniformly Hot Seal's#2) by Tawny Weber 3/5 stars Having been in a reading slump. I decided an adult romance was the fix. I did have some issues with this one. Which is was its only a three. I do have book one on my kindle. Might read it at some point.
2. The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak 5/5 stars (reread)
My first reread in 2015. I read this in January of last year. I loved it then and still do. Although this time around there were tears.
3. The Nightmare Before Christmas by Tim Burton 5/5 stars
How did I not know this was a book? I adore the movie. Halloween is my favorite holiday. So of course I asked for this as a birthday gift. Read it one sitting was a short book.
4. Steelheart( The Reckoners,#1) by Brandon Sanderson 5/5 stars
To be honest hearing this hyped up on BookTube is my reasoning for reading this one. But Brandon did not disappoint. Sooo good. I want Firelight now!!
5. Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass,#1) by Sarah J. Maas 5/5 stars (reread)
Kickass female lead. Amazing loved even more the second time around.

Favorite book of the month: Steelheart.


February:
Was a better reading month for me. Managed to read seven books.
1. The Assassin's Blade (Throne of Glass, #0.1-0. 5) by Sarah J. Maas 5/5 stars
Loved it. Need I say more about this series?
2. At Any Price (Gaming the System,#1) by Brenna Price 4/5 stars
Quick new adult romance.
3. A Court of Thorns and Roses eSampler by Sarah J. Maas5/5 stars
Reading this four chapter sampler, has me craving this book even more!!
4. Crown of  Midnight (Throne of Glass, #2) by Sarah J. Maas 5/5 stars (reread)
5. Heir of Fire (Throne of Glass, #3) by Sarah J. Maas 5/5 stars
Caught up with the series. Want Queen of Shadows!!
6. The Black Mage:Apprentice by Rachel E. Carter 5/5 stars
To be a few chapters to remember the events of book one.
7. O'Hurley Born by Nora Roberts 5/5 stars
Needed an adult romance.

Favorite book of the month:
Heir of Fire

Phew, that's my wrap ups for the past 2 months.
Not going to post a March TBR. I never really stick to them. I have a few books on hold on the overdrive library.

Let me know what you read in January and February. Did you read ant if the books I mentioned?
Happy Reading, Ashley.

No comments:

Post a Comment