Monday, March 30, 2015

March Wrap-Up 2015/ April TBR

March was a good reading month. I read 11 books. But for the last week I haven't picked up a single book. One of the books I read and have a review for has put me into a bit of a reading slump. But anyways here is a look back at what I did manage to get through.

1. Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James 4/5 stars (re-read)
I reread this because I had wanted to go see the movie. Although that hasn't happened just yet. All in do time.
2. Monster Blood by R.L. Stine 3/5 stars
I remember loving this as a kid. Now not so much. It's lost some of the magic for me. R.L. Stine is still one of my all time favorite authors and always will be!!
3. Red by Alyxandra Harvey 3.75/5 stars
I've never given a book a half stars rating before. However I was very confused with this novel and what was going on. I found myself not really caring about the characters. I have since found out this was a Red Riding Hood retelling. That information before reading Red would have been helpful.
4. Grim edited by Christine Johnson 5/5 stars
I wanted this book since learning about it last year. I loved the majority of the short stories only a few that were okay. But the book itself is beautiful
5. Oh, the Places You'll Go by Dr. Seuss 4/5 stars
This was a free audiobook download through Random House on Facebook. I figured why not give it a listen to. Very inspiring for anyone both children and adults alike.
6. Something Great by M. Clarke 5/5 stars
New Adult, was free on Kindle. Might still be. It was light, a little serious, but what I needed. Sometimes you need the fluffy reads.
7. Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard 5/5 stars
I'm going to be completely honest all of the hyper surrounding this book on Booktube. Made me a bit hesitant to pick it up. I'm glad I did though. I loved Mare. The plot twists were something I didn't see coming. Red Queen deserves all the love it's getting.
8.Girl of Nightmares by Kendare Blake 5/5 stars
Completed my first dulogy of the year!!! I loved every minute of this sequel to Anna Dressed in Blood. I wish there was one more book.
9. Confess by Colleen Hoover 5/5 stars
Another book getting hyped up on BookTube. Another new adult book. I loved the idea of the story. The confessions were a great addition. I'm looking for to the sequel November 9. The art work was stunning.
10. Grimms Complete Fairy Tales by Grimm Brothers 4/5 stars
It's great to see where the fairy tales came from. That Disney changed.
11. Dead Wake: The Last Crossing of the Lusitania by Erik Larson 3/5 stars
This book isn't what I had hoped it would be. I do have a review posted if you want more of my thoughts. But after reading this I'm now in a reading slump.

April TBR
I'm not sure what I'll read in April. I have some books on hold at the library. Picking them up tomorrow (Tuesday).
I did try to slowly rereading The Iron King by Julie Kagawa and Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare. Didn't help my slump.
Hoping it passes soon!!!

Let me know what you read in March. Did you read any of the books I mentioned or want to? What is your April TBR?

Happy Reading, Ashley.

No comments:

Post a Comment