Thursday, December 28, 2017

When I'm Not Reading #4

I believe I made a post about this in the past. I write song lyrics from time to time. Well last night while listening to Taylor Swift's new album Reputation. There was this one song I kept replaying So It Goes... Also thinking about someone. I wrote a song... Here it is....


Talk To Me 

I could honestly see myself with you
Forever embracing this new love
But it can't just be me reaching out to you

If you want a shot
On a love that will never break your heart
Talk to me

Open up your walls
I'll do the same for you
We can share our hopes, fears, dreams
Talk to me

Can't you see it in my eyes?
I'm falling for you
I hear your cries of loneliness
I could be your best friend for life

Talk to me
Talk to me
Open up your walls, baby
Love that will never break your heart (love that will never, never break your heart)

I will mend your bruised heart
Give you my unconditional love
A love that will be true

I could honestly see myself with you
I need for you to talk to me
Not just me building our love

A new beginning
Best friends for life
A love that will never break your heart

Just talk to me
I wanna know your hopes, fears, dreams
I wanna know your heart



I hope you like my song. I've been writing them since 2001 ish. I had to write a poem in my 8th grade in English class. And that is how it began. I discovered I could voice my thoughts through songs. I have more posted on fictionpress.com . I will try and share more whenever I write them. My inspiration isn't what it used to be.

Happy Reading, Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment